AnyForge: Repositories & Collaboration
The purpose of this part of the AnyScript Community is to provide a facility for download of model repositories and to enable users to share their projects and facilitate collaboration.
Which models can be found here?
Much of this web site is dedicated to uploading and downloading AnyScript models and model snippets, and it is important to remember that there are two different license conditions currently represented by two major projects:
- Other projects can be defined by community users. Projects can be used for joint development of models in research groups, etc. Such projects can have either the Self-supported license terms or the Professional license terms depending on their origin of model, scope and project dependencies.
Which facilities can be found here?
AnyForge has a wealth of facilities available: wiki, svn, forum, file release, bug tracking etc. if you define a new project you decide which of these faclities should be used.
Can I create my own project?
YES absolutely, if you and some colleagues are working together on a project that includes an AnyBody model you have the opportunity to create a project on this site for sharing the information in this project. The creator of the project will be the administrator of the project and will have control of the content, sign up requests, and access to information. Naturally we encourage that as much content as possible will be made public but this is controlled by the project owner.
Which license should my project use?
Currently you have two license choices, the Self-supported license or the Profesional license. If you are creating a model based on a repository from this site, then the choice is given
- Models derived from a Self-Supported license: can be distrubted with Self-Supported or Professional license.
- Models derived from Professional license: can only be distributed with Professional license
- Entirely new models: the license choice is free between the currently two license types
Why choose to distribute my model using the professional license?
The benefit for you are:
- Support from AnyBody Technology in the model development through the Professional section in the forum
- AnyBody Technology may, if the model is of general interest, invest time in improving your model and making it comply with the rest of the AnyBody Managed Model Repository. This will leave you and other users with a better model
Example: if you creat a model of a finger, AnyBody Technology may continue to develop the remaining fingers and connect the hand to the existing arm model in the repository in a seamless manner for the benefit of all users.
So take up the challenge and add a project!
Access to all project pages is open, but some of the project site's features require an account.
- Home - This tab is where you begin. From this page, you can navigate to any displayed GForge link, to external hypertext links, or to any other visible GForge tabs.
- My Stuff - This tab serves as your login page once you have a GForge account and facilitates navigation to projects you have joined.
- Search - Using this tab you can search within the GForge site
- Projects - This tab includes links to all project pages where you will find additional information. Once you have an AnyScript.org account, you can navigate to any visible project and request to join that project. The project pages provide tools to help project teams collaborate through access to release documentation, bug and feature tracking, news, forums, CVS, and Wikis.
- Snippets - If you have something to share with other users but this is too small to justify defining a new project, then this is the place to upload it. All users will get access to it immediately. Also if you are looking for a particular model of some specific task this may be the place to find it. Sharing is very easy, just press “Add new Snippet” and fill in the information requested. Please try to find the best category for your files. If it is a model running with a certain repository just upload the application part of and choose the selected repository as the category. Then other users will know that your model is running together with Repository X.
AnyForge is based on a GForge Advanced Server, general GForge related help can be found here, it shows both how to use the tool as a user and as a contributer. Please also see the AnyForge Wiki